How to Use Your Cuddledry Handsfree Towel
The Cuddledry handsfree apron towel is not 'just a towel'. We're fiercely proud of the 100+ awards we've won over the last 15 years, and the countless families we've helped to enjoy baby bathtime too. If you're here, we're guessing you'd like to know a little more, so here's a quick guide on how to use your Cuddledry handsfree baby bath towel.
Bathing your baby
Fasten your towel around your neck like an apron, and you're ready to bathe your baby. Thanks to the Cuddledry baby bath towel, you've now got two hands to do this- hooray!
It's a good idea to keep baby bathtime short and sweet at first, to allow your baby to get used to the sensation of being in the water. And don't forget that babies are unable to control their own body temperature, so can become cold very quickly. Keep an eye on your baby and don't be afraid to cut things short when they've had enough.
Getting baby out of the bath
When you're ready to get baby out of the bath, use both hands to lift them safely
from the water. Bring baby to your chest so that you're holding them against the towel that you're wearing. Then, holding baby with one hand, use your other hand to reach down to the bottom of the apron towel and bring the bottom left corner up so that the hood hooks over baby's head.
Gather up the rest of the bath towel so that you can wrap it around your baby. Then, simply cuddle your baby dry.
Benefits of the handsfree towel
We could talk all day about the benefits of the handsfree towel! First and foremost, it makes bath time safer and less stressful for parents. Because you have two hands free at all times, you can safely lift your baby from the water and bring them straight into your arms for a warm and loving embrace. Here are a few other benefits:
- With two hands free, you will be more relaxed, which in turn will ensure that your baby is calm and thefore more able to enjoy bath time. If bath time is part of your bedtime routine, this helps to ensure a smoother transition to sleep.
- Using the handsfree towel enables parents to form a strong bond with their baby at bath time, which is especially important for dads who may not have as many opportunities for bonding as mum. Studies have shown that dads interact with their children in different ways, and that these interactions are vital for child development. Starting as early as possible, with bath time, is an excellent way to ensure strong and healthy relationships.
- When you bring your baby out of the water and up to your chest, your baby benefits in many ways. Firstly, the handsfree towel has been holding your body heat (thanks to the double layer system) and this is a huge comfort to your baby. Aditionally, being close to you in this way helps to regulate your baby's heartrate and reduces stress levels too. Plus, what baby doesn't enjoy a loving cuddle?
- Our signature bamboo and cotton mix helps to keep delicate skin dry and means that the towel is super snuggly and soft. The double layer system also locks moisture away from baby's skin to avoid irritation.
- The bamboo that we use is a highly sustainable material and we support fair farming standards- making the handsfree towel the perfect choice for eco-friendly parents.
After bath time
When you're ready to dress your baby, simply undo the neck piece using the one handed popper release. Then lie your baby down on a safe surface and you're good to go. Notice here that your baby has never been unwrapped from the towel at any point since you brought them into your arms- eliminating the risk of your baby catching cold outside of the warm bath water. The end result of this is a happier and calmer baby- and a happier parent too!